the university of hartford has been continuously accredited since 1961 by the new england commission of higher education (neche, formerly the commission for institutions of higher education, new england association of schools and colleges). the university received a letter of continued accreditation on may 8, 2012. the re-accreditation came following a comprehensive evaluation of the university in 2011. the next accreditation study is scheduled for 2021.
neche is the regional accreditation agency for colleges and universities in the six new england states: connecticut, maine, massachusetts, new hampshire, rhode island, and vermont. it is recognized by the u.s. secretary of education as a reliable authority on the quality of education for the institutions it accredits.
academic program accreditation
in addition to institutional accreditation, many of the university of hartford academic majors and programs are accredited by a professional agency. the university of hartford offers programs that are accredited and/or approved by the following agencies.
association to advance collegiate schools of business (aacsb international)
- commission on accreditation for respiratory care (coarc)
- commission on accreditation of allied health education programs (caahep)
- commission on collegiate nursing education (ccne)
- commission on physical therapy education (capte)
- council for the accreditation of educator preparation (caep)
- joint review committee on education in radiological technology (jrcert)
- national commission on orthotics and prosthetics (ncope)
national association of schools of art and design (nasad) - institutional member
american bar association (aba)